Always Wanted Dental Implants in Hutchinson? Use Your Tax Refund!
February 15, 2019
It goes without saying that tooth loss impacts you in many ways. Although there were only a limited number of replacement options for many years, today patients have a solution that looks and feels more natural than anything else: dental implants. This procedure is one of the best long-term investments you can make in your oral health but it’s common to worry about the cost. However, if you’ve always wanted to restore your smile with dental implants in Hutchinson, tax season is a perfect time to do it. Keep reading below to learn about the many benefits of implants and whether you may be a good candidate!
What Advantages Do Implants Offer?
Implants are different from bridges and dentures for one main reason – they replace the roots of missing teeth. This is what accounts for many of their benefits such as:
- You’ll be able to eat tough and crunchy foods again due to the superior chewing strength implants provide.
- You won’t have to worry about embarrassing slips during conversations like you might with dentures.
- Implants look, feel, and function like your own teeth.
- You won’t lose bone mass in your jaw over time, so your facial structure and appearance won’t change the way it can with dentures.
- Implants last several decades or even a lifetime, which is much longer than dentures or bridges.
Why Is Tax Season Such a Great Time To Get Implants?
Although it’s easy to see the benefits of dental implants, it can be a financial struggle to have the procedure.
However, for many people tax season is a great opportunity to restore their smile because they can use their refund. And, since an implant will benefit you for the rest of your life, it’s a wise way to invest this money.
Also, don’t forget that if your refund doesn’t cover the full amount of an implant, a dentist may have a financing option like CareCredit or Lending Club, so don’t hesitate to ask!
Are You a Good Candidate For Implants?
Everyone is unique, so the best way to know if implants will work for you is to have a consultation with a dentist in Hutchinson.
Here are some of the factors they’ll look at – but even if some apply to you, that doesn’t mean that implants won’t be an option:
- Bone levels – After tooth loss, you gradually begin to lose bone mass in your jaws. Since you must have adequate bone levels to support an implant, a dentist will start by taking images to look at your jaws.
- Tobacco use – Non-smokers have a much higher success rate (95%-98%) than smokers (85%).
- Healthy gum tissue– Just like natural teeth, implants need healthy gum tissue around them for support. Reasonably good oral hygiene habits are an important part of maintaining healthy tissues.
- Stable overall health – Healing is important for implant success and might be affected by general health conditions such as hemophilia, uncontrolled diabetes, or severe immune problems.
For most patients, implants are a wonderful way to replace their missing teeth. If you’ve been wanting to restore your smile but haven’t had the savings, a tax refund might be the perfect opportunity!
About the Author
Dr. Melissa Barnhart is a general, cosmetic and restorative dentist in Hutchinson and a graduate of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry. She knows that implants are the next best thing to natural teeth and has used them to restore the smiles of countless patients after tooth loss. If you’re interested in dental implants and want to know if they’re right for you, she can be reached through her website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.